Stewardship: the conducting, supervising, or managing of something; especially: the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one's care. (Merriam-Webster)
Stewardship is more than fundraising. While fundraising is about the needs of our congregation, stewardship is about our spiritual need to give. Through the giving of our time, talent, and treasure, we take care of the Beloved Community that has been entrusted to our care.
The Stewardship Team is a think tank team charged by the Board of Trustees. Current members are Kim Reain (ABD Chair), Barb Whitney, Carin Bringelson (Chair), and Heike Saynisch, with consultation of the JRUUC minister.
Projects that the Stewardship Team is excited about include:
- Developing Five Pillars of Congregational Financial Management
- Supporting the 2017 Annual Budget Drive
- Our newly established JRUUC Endowment
- Utilizing resources from the Unitatian Universalist Association, including
- Faciliating an intergenerational Religious Education program called Stewardship: The Joy of Giving
- Organizing a book club discussion on Lauren Tyler Wright's book, Giving--The Sacred Art: Creating a Lifestyle of Generosity
- Offering Adult Religious Education on financial education and budgeting
- Faciliating an adult Religious Education program called The Wi$dom Path: Money, Spirit, and Life