The Annual Budget Drive (ABD) is a wonderful opportunity for our members and friends to explore how we give to and receive from James Reeb Unitarian Universalist Congregation (JRUUC) as part of our Time, Talent, and Treasure covenant.
Please save these dates:
- March 5th Kick-Off Sunday Service
- March 12th Transformation Circle
April 2nd Sunday Multigeneral Service and Open House Celebration
- Financial Commitment Forms (FCFs) due 4/2
- Enter the Early Bird Drawing by turning your FCF in prior to 4/2 (see below for more details)
This year’s theme is all about Transformation. Your ABD team members are Kelly Kearns, Sandy Persons, Barb Whitney and Kim Reain (ABD Chair). Contact Kim with any questions you have (firstname.lastname@example.org or 698-5051).
The March 5th Sunday Service will be our kickoff for this Annual Budget Drive. You should have received your ABD packet in the mail by now. If not, please contact Kim or any other ABD team members.
During the ABD, we spend time reflecting on financial commitment and support. In the past, we have had both one-on-one and small group gatherings. You will see a few differences this year.
- Have you ever wondered how to complete the FCF (Financial Commitment Form)? Or use the FCD calculation form or the Fair Share Giving Guide? Please look in our lobby (also called the narthex) where we will have posters and bulletin boards with helpful information and details that are sure to inspire conversation.
- This year we are hosting a Transformation Circle, on March 12, after the service, where you can learn everything you wish to about the ABD process. If you miss this, we are providing the information in a variety of sources, from this website, to the newsletters, mailings, and emails. And as always, contact any of the ABD team members with any questions you have.
- A hungry caterpillar will appear in the narthex (lobby) and will desire your financial commitment forms for it to grow in strength and sustainability. (Mailing in your FCFs or handing them in to the ABD mailbox are also acceptable!).
- The caterpillar will also desire artwork from our children and other young-at-heart friends. We will provide opportunities for this artwork creation.
- The video challenge asks how you have been transformed by your involvement at JRUUC? More details are coming soon.
- The sanctuary will transform.
- The Open House Celebration on April 2nd,11am – 1 pm, will include food, fun, art, thoughtful conversation and the Early Bird Drawing.
We hope everyone will be inspired by the Early Bird Drawing and turn in their FCF before Sunday April 2nd. The earlier you turn in your FCF, the more entries you will have in the raffle! Here’s how it works:
- 3/5 - 3/11: 4 entries
- 3/12 - 3/18: 3 entries
- 3/19 - 3/25: 2 entries
- 3/26 - 4/1: 1 entry
- 4/2 Due Date and Prize Drawing
Here are the mailings and forms in case you need them:
- 2017-2018 Letter
- Financial Commitment Form and letter from Rev. Karen
- Fair Share Giver’s Guide and Calculation
Please look for the brochures in our lobby (narthex).
Thank you for your participation in this year’s Annual Budget Drive!